Semileds Corp. (NASDAQ: LEDS) gained 44.86% at the last close, while the LEDS stock price is down about 15.41% during the after-hours trading session. As of yet, there is no update available regarding this huge change in LEDS share price, management of LEDS. SemiLEDs designs and manufactures LED chips and LED components for lighting purposes such as street lights, commercial, industrial, system and residential lighting. SemiLEDs provide LED chips in the colors blue, white, green and UV.
Get the hottest stocks to trade each day before the market opens 100% for free. Click here now.
Recent past development
On April 9, 2021, Semileds announced its fiscal second quarter 2021 financial results. The highlights are shown below:
- The second quarter of fiscal 2021 generated $ 1.2 million in revenue, compared to $ 719 thousand in the first quarter.
- SemiLEDs shareholders incurred a GAAP net loss of $ 255,000 in the second quarter of fiscal 2021, compared to a loss of $ 697,000 in the first quarter.
- In the first quarter of fiscal 2021, LEDS lost $ 0.06 per diluted share, compared to $ 0.17 per diluted share in the previous quarter. Due to the Chinese New Year holiday, LEDS had to shut down manufacturing operations for two weeks in the second quarter.
- The GAAP net margin for the second quarter of fiscal 2021 was 20%, compared to a negative gross margin of 3% in the first quarter of fiscal 2021.
- The second quarter of fiscal 2021 recorded a negative operating margin of 42%, while LEDS recorded a negative operating margin of 135% in the first quarter.
- As of February 28, 2021, LEDS’s cash and cash equivalents were $ 2.1 million, compared to $ 2.7 million at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2021.
Get the hottest stocks to trade every day before the market opens 100% free. Click here now.
Semileds also mentioned that due to continued uncertainty regarding the effects of COVID-19 on the economy and LEDS, Semileds is unable to anticipate revenue for the third quarter ending May 31, 2021, for the time being.